any suggestions on how to earn income while going to school full time for a single mom?

MARCSMOM26

Asked by MARCSMOM26 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in

• If its an option, Job corp is really good. It helps you while your in it and also pays you when you graduate and helps you look for housing and places you in a job....
    Tryin4GodsAngel

Answer by Tryin4GodsAngel at 11:47 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I understand stripping pays really well...

Ha ha. Yeah. No. Frankly, the only option is working. All the multi-level-marketing stuff takes too long to build a customer base to be worth the time (when you need to get paid the first two weeks in)... you need to look at your skills and figure out what you can do, and then put together a resume that makes you look like a great employee. Then you need to be a great employee.

When you have more time and money, starting your own business might make sense --mlm or any other kind. But when you just need money, you just need a job. Or, possibly, fewer expenses. Roommates... cooking at home... relocating to very close to where you study...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• waitress/bartending if possible... you can make alot of cash in a little bit of time =)
    Anonymous

• I took 18 hours per semester all on Tuesday /Thursday, which left me with 5 other days/nights available for work. Depending on your field of study, you might find something entry-level/part-time. I'm done with school now, but my office is near a college; we usually employe at least one student for doing lower -level tasks and running errands.
    Anonymous