At what age do women peak, sexually?

I am 27, SO is 30. He keeps insisting he is old and can't have sex every night like we used to. I can't get enough! I'll start thinking of sex as soon as the sun goes down and always ask him if we can have sex that night and he looks so tired I almost feel sorry for him! Then I get mad if he says he is too tired! I feel like a sex maniac or something. Anyone else have this "problem?"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• Years ago, my husband was asked by a frustrated friend how he managed to get a wife that apparently couldn't get enough. He replied 'pretend you don't want it for 2 years.'

Desire for sex is complicated, and has little to do with 'peaking' in anything. Men do want a quality relationship in order to open themselves up to the intimacy of physical love... if your husband is shunning you in bed, take an honest look around at the rest of your relationship to see why he's putting off what should be delightful and pleasant...

Are you expecting or demanding he work around the house on your schedule, to your standards? There are 148 ways to do dishes that all end up with clean dishes... so maybe you need to respect his timing, his clutter, his preferences and his energy?

Are you really listening to him when he talks to you --without giving him solutions or talking about yourself or how it's the same for you?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I don't think I am too demanding. He does work different hours, sometimes he goes in the morning, sometimes at noon and works til 9pm. I'm usually the one who does the cleaning, even though we both work full time. Everything else in our relationship is fine. It's just the sex! I'll ask if I can get some lovin and he'll say "I'm not young anymore!" We laugh about it, and he doesn't refuse me all the time. I am just wondering if there is something wrong with me because I ALWAYS want it, every night even if I am tired and have to get up early.
    Anonymous

• 40 and men peak at 19

Answer by admckenzie at 12:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• yes, i heard that woman peak at like 35 or 40 and men as early as 16 to like 19.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 1:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I peaked at 42. I couldn't get enough. My husband was a very happy camper. lol
    Anonymous

• I don't know. I'm 63 and it hasn't happened yet!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I don't know. I've heard late 30s - I'm 36 and it's definitely better than it ever was, but I think some of that has more to do with my confidence and self esteem than any biological "peak". My husband is 41 and would have sex 3 times/day if I had the energy, so it's not that your husband is old. Maybe he's just tired, or stressed, or has a lower sex drive than you. The two of you need to come to some type of agreement on how many times or just be happy with what you get!

Answer by missanc at 5:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Right man? every age!
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 1:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2010