Online store suggestions and advice??

I'm thinking of opening my own online store. I've noticed alot of people doing it, especially on myspace. It would just be a extra income type thing, and not my main income.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?? I'm not talking about "what" to sell, but as in advice like do's and do not's

Thanks in advance =}

Asked by albys_wifey01 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Money & Work

• Be sure that the site is asthetically pleasing. Clean and neat. Easy to navigate and use. Figure out who you want to target and create the site around what they like. A friend of mine opened an online store for country crafts. Her husband made the site and the background looked like granite. It was no wonder they didn't get hits. Also advertise EVERYWHERE!

Answer by SensualScents at 12:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• The biggest challange may be getting your site noticed. Here is a site that I heard is very good on SEO topics -

Good luck with your new venture.

Answer by bizlady at 9:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I find the biggest hurdle is getting your site noticed and converting that traffic.

Here are some free ways I have found:

1 on 40 will get your site to the top spot for 5 keyterms you provide on Google, Yahoo and 38 other search engines, and will keep your site their for 7 days for free. Want it there a little longer, refer other people who want to submit their site for free also.

ASD is a mutual traffic exchange web site.  You get points for watching ads and you use those points to advertise your business.

Need some more ideas?  Send me an email and I can give you more details.

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2008