Do any of you hate having sex now that you are pregnant? TMI.......

I love my husband, but he is turned on by the fact that I have this huge belly, so he wants it all the time. Is there anyone out there that dreads it right now, or is it just me? I know this is TMI, but I cringe when he touches my chest. I don't know if its because I know I am going to breast feed, and it makes me feel weird. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I loose all sex drive every time I get pregnant and generally while I'm breastfeeding too. My husband's pretty understanding of it, but sometimes you just have to put how you're feeling aside and let him get a little.
    Anonymous

• i also lose my sex drive while pregnant. well my first pregnancy, it was ok until the end, but this 2nd pregnancy, it left right away!

w/ my first baby, i got interested again when my son was like 6 mos old. i hope it comes back faster this time.

you're not alone!!! i don't even want to think about sex, i just want to go to sleep!
    Anonymous

• I was the same way. Dh and I only had sex about 10 times the whole time I was pregnant. by the time I got over the first trimester sickness I just did not want it. I did not want to be touched or cuddled or pawed at. Not to mention that DD was insanely low in my hips until about 7 months and it hurt. Dh was good about it, we went to the sex store and bought him a squishy toy lol. Don't worry once your LO is born it will come back! I think we had sex every day for two weeks once I healed lol.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• With my first pregnancy I was just as "bad" as him.

The second we went on as usual but then miscarried at 8w4d so I don't know about further along.

The third I was ok but very leery of having sex because I was afraid if he "hit" my cervix something might happen. (silly I know) Then the night I started bleeding with my third pregnancy/second m/c we had sex earlier in the evening and I miscarried at 8w4d again.

This time I have no desire to have sex because #1 I am scared something bad will happen. #2 I have to use vaginal progesterone suppositories every night and they kind of kill the mood because it would have to be so planned. But I told dh that I think I will calm down if/when we get past 14 weeks.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• With my first pregnancy we did it all the time and when we werent doing it I was masterbating lol, I was an addict. But boy have the tables turned this pregnancy, we havnt had sex for probably over 3 months!!! I just cant bring my self to have sex when I have no intrest however I still please hubby in different ways. Plus Im in so much pain down there it hurts to just walk around but Im also about to have my baby anyday now and as big as my husband is Im am way too scared to try anything now even though Im slowly already starting to get my sex drive back. I just look forward to sex after baby is here and Im sure hubby does to cause we have a great sex life.
    Anonymous

• i lost mines.. im just now starting to get it back at 16 weeks, think because i was so tried and weak and just wasn't feeling myself i didnt wont to do anything of any kind... hopefully it ways off to me sex is so much better while pregnant
    Anonymous

• Yea im almost due and have not had much interest in sex at all either but you better belive the day i hit 38 weeks we will sooo be at it like rabbits just to get this labor started! Lol. Well thats what ill be doing it for, ill take one for the team and hubby really enjoys it then for some reason. But untill then... Probably not happening lol.
    Anonymous

• with my first baby i wanted sex all the time, with this one i don't ever want it! it drives my husband nuts, but i talked calmly to him and explained how i feel and he's been good about it since then.
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 3:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2010