Why do women pay thousands of dollars on lip injections,booty and hip implants and tans?

Why do that when some people think that when you see the same thing (natural born)on an ethnic person and they feel it is disgusting! You were not born like that! Why change your body to be more curvy and be darker with fuller lips when you think it looks nasty on someone else? I'm just sayin!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I think the better question is HOW does someone spend all that money on stuff like that, LOL..I would like a nice tan,a booty lift,a boob lift,maybe a little fuller lips would be nice..lol.Why? just cause I would like to look good..same reason I put on makeup, only difference is, it costs a whole lot less! lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I don't get it either. I can understand a few procedures, like breast augmentation after breast feeding to rebuild your chest to what it USED to be. I can even understand a tummy tuck after having kids, but the rest... UGH. Use what you have and be who you are.
    Anonymous

• I don't know, I guess for the same reason some "ethnic" woman dye their hair blonde, get blonde weave, wear blue contacts and get lipo in their butts?
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• i do none of that besides going tanning and thats just right be4 summer soo i have some color on me b4 wearing shorts ;)
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 12:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I go with the mindset that it's their money, let them do what they want.

i personally spend my money on hair care...cuts, colors, etc. I also get my brows dyed and waxed every once in a while. Point is, we all choose to spend our money differently, who are we to judge how another person spends theirs, just because we don't see the rationale in it?
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 12:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I could understand using makeup as an enhacement to your " Natural" beauty, but why alter your body to look more curvy when there are women dying to be stick thin because being naturally curvy or Janice the puppet after all this body altering procedures. They look like clowns!!
    Anonymous

• im lucky im latina, im golden brown year round with no tan, plump lips, tiny waist big boobs and medium hips and long hair . i am gonna get cosmetic surgery. were middle class so were gonna finance it. im not gonna change my face just lift my breast n get a mini tummy tuck since theres a small pouch of excess skin. nothing to crazy though.
    Anonymous

• Because we have the money and we can...
    Anonymous

• Insecurity and a strong belief that if only they looked 'right' then they'd become acceptable, lovable and feel inner peace.

Since it doesn't work, they often get more and more and more --because doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results is super-popular.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2010