do your kids still believe in the easter bunny?

My son is 8 and still totally believes in the easter bunny. He thinks it's so cool how he hides the eggs and baskets- he wishes santa would do the same. He will be spending easter with an older cousin, so I hope she doesn't ruin it for him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My daughter is 6, and she's never really believed. I remember her saying last year that there is no way that some giant rabbit comes and leaves her goodies. lol
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 12:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• My son is 9 and yes you gotta watch out for those cousins! His cousin ruined it for him. My other 2 are too young to know anything about the Easter Bunny.
    Anonymous

• We have an Easter Egg hunt, but my kids have never believed in the Easter Bunny. It never occurred to me since it wasn't something I grew up believing. We do Santa in out home, but I guess that's because our parents did that for us growing up and we remember it fondly.

FYI - Santa CAN hide the gifts. My husband's cousin and his wife always do some sort of scavenger hunt with the gifts from Santa, and their kids love it. I may try it when mine are older.
    Anonymous

• Yup. All 3. Even the 13 yr old.....
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• yes! I will not ruin those things for them! When they figure it out, I will not lie though! And I make sure that the true meaning of the holiday at hand is known!!! IE Birth/death/resurrection of Christ!!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• No, we've never done the Easter bunny thing.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• My daughter is only sixteen months old, so of course she knows nothing of Easter Bunnies, Tooth Fairies, and Santa Clause. However, I do not think that we will really introduce these characters to her when she is older. Of course, she will hear about them through family members and media, but I do not intend to encourage belief in them. I know that sounds cruel, but that is what I intend to do. In my defense though, as Buddhists, Easter and Christmas are not really holidays that we celebrate anyway.
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 12:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Yea
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• My 5 yr old is about to come out of his skin with anticipation!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• God. I hope not! Pagan practices were not inulged or encouraged in my home
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 1:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2010