one of two random questions - this one - vermont

I want to go the new england culinary institute. anyone from vermont.. tell me about it? i am using google to search info about the state, craigslist to check the price of renting a place and facebook to talk to other people who are going to the school.. I want as much information as i can. i would like to visit vermont in the fall. i am saving my tax returns.. I am going to try to build credit so i can a house - renting is to expensive if for any reason my mate should leave me. - bad things happen. ...

help me. I am from Iowa. I want to move in a year and a 1/2 - prolly closer to two years from now. tell me about the housing market weather, fun etc. my son will be four when we make the big move

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 12:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• All i know of vermont is from our skiing vacations there........... I LOVED it! We live in so. cal. and there are change stores everywhere here.... VT is so much more mellow... but hip.

I dont know anything about that culinary school. But a dear friend of ours was a professor at the culinary instute of america in hyde park NY... he said it was a great school. I only know that we had an AMAZING meal there. But I dont know if that is a place you would consider. I think VT is more affordable than NY.
    Anonymous

• If you're going to relocate go to CIA in Hyde Park. It's a MUCH better school that is highly regarded and will better prepare you for a culinary career. Not that NECI is bad, but CIA is the gold standard in culinary education.
    Anonymous

• 2nd anon
    thanx anon but i am scared of being a really big city. check out sioux city, Iowa. it's where i am. i dont want to much of a culture shock for me and my son.... I liked the idea of vermont because it is a small city college... I want the best education so I will def look into CIA ( i am right now) but even the idea scares me right now...

howver thank you!!

1st anon. thank you for your input. that is why i was instantly drawn to vermont - cheaper then NY. I dont make enough to save enough to survive in NY right away and i can't struggle to much because my son... Yea

vermont was number on in education in 2007. for my son.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2010