Stay at home dads????

It seems that many (not all) husbands of SAHM really have no idea how much work their wives really do. I think every husband of a SAHM should have to try being a stay at home dad for 1 week to get the real effect of what it's like to be home- it's a never ending job. Now, I know's it probably not realy possible but wouldn't it be nice to let dad's see what mom's job is really like!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We have a number of sahds in our area. I can think of 4 off the top of my head. 3 of them do a GREAT job of it. 1 is a bit of a jerk.
    Anonymous

• Well if all goes right my husband is going to find out what it's like. We're going to be switching roles here soon because he wants to be able to do all the little things that I've been doing with the kids. So as soon as I can find a job making about as much as he is we are going to switch roles and I get to see how he does being a SAHD.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• My husband still wouldn't have a clue. One Sunday I was out all day. Hubby was home. He simply sat in his La-Z-Boy and completely forgot that the children were here. Luckily my oldest is 13 so he fed himself and the little ones. As far as any housework...he'd make the kids do it. My husband will never appreciate what I do all day. He takes it for granted.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• im a sahm, and have been for 15 yrs. There is NO way I could make as much money as hubby does... not even a 1/3 of what he makes... so we will never be changing places. HOWEVER, on many occations he has said that he doesnt think he could do as good a job as I do with the day to day running around with the kids, laundry, house, meals, etc. He says it would drive him up a wall to do what I do. So I guess we are well suited for our rolls in this family.
    Anonymous

• I think anyone could handle it for a week. A true test would require more than a week.
    Anonymous

• My son was a SAHD and does everything - all the shopping, laundry, cleaning, cooking, doctor visits. She has never done anything even the first 6 months when she stayed home and he was working full time. He would come home and put the baby in a carrier and do everything. He would do this after 12 hour shifts working as a RN.

I started taking care of my toddler grandson every other day. My son couldn't do it all any more. He is going to college full time. We both have fibromyalgia and if we take cake of him every other day we have the next day to recover. The mother refuses to take care of him alone at all.

My grandson loves coming to my house and it's working for now.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• My husband got a chance to do this part-time for a couple of months when our twins were infants. I think he learned a lot, but he never got to the point of actually doing it all. I set everything up for him before I left, and I cleaned up the morning's messes when I got home from work. He was dealing with two infants all by himself, which is not an easy task; I think he did pretty well, but he did tell me he could never do it long-term. Of course, I'm a working mom, so I may not fully understand what it's like to be a SAHM long-term either.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Caring for children is no job for weenies and I applaud everyone who steps to the job
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 12:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2010