To Catch a mouse!!!

I am being outsmarted by a 3 in long brown rodent!! We have like 10 traps around the house with everything in them from cheese to peantbutter to baby food and bread. I have decon around the house but apprently he's not interested in that. The little booger is getting brave, he will just walk across the kitchen and stop and look at us like HA! come and get me! He gets in the cabinets and i found a mouse turd in the crib!! I almost cried when I saw that. HE HAS GOT TO GO!! Dh wants to get those sticky pads, but I think thats just torture. Anyone got any ideas? We've been battling him all summer!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sticky pads are torture but so is mouse turds in the crib....which do you want? A tortured mouse or turds in your crib??
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 12:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Try using something that the little mouse might use for bedding and use that as "bait" for it. Sometimes they are not looking for food because they have plenty of it but they need bedding. It worked for me when I had a mouse that I just couldn't seem to trap.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• This is going to sound facetious but I promise you it's not lol.  Get a cat.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• DO NOT USE POISEN!!!!!!!!!

The dang mice will eat it then die in your walls and stink up the place!

Anonymous

• beeky op here- we had a cat but he kept jumping on the baby so his furry little butt got ounted out to the garage!
    Anonymous

• Mice travel along the walls, so make sure you are positioning your traps there. Poison is not a good idea with kids and pets, and as the above mom said, they will go die somewhere and stink the place up. I am never for inhumane treatment of any animal, but if I found a mouse turd in my baby's crib...well, all bets are off! This is war! Sticky traps it is!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• My dad used to bait traps with bacon. you wrap it around the part that makes it trip. If you wrap it tight they have to pull to get it off and that helps set the traps off. Good luck!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 12:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I have five cats...would like to borrow one or a few?!! LOL I agree with a pp, don't use poison. Have you tried the mouse hotel (rodents go in, but they don't come out)? I don't know who makes it, possibly De-Con or Raid, I'm not sure. You can find it at most stores.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 1:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2010