Puppy Housebreaking

My husband and I brought home a new puppy over the weekend (a fluffy white chow mix). I realized afterwards that I have never housebroken a dog before! Our other dog, a Boston Terrier, is a rescue dog who was already trained. I always had dogs growing up, but my parents trained them, and they generally stayed outside anyway. We live in a second floor apartment, so I cannot exactly carry him out on to grass the moment I see him squatting. I bought some puppy pads, but he isn't getting the hang of it. He braced to deficate today, so I set him on the pad. He walked off and continued to go, I put him back, he walked off and continued going on yet ANOTHER spot on my (beige) carpet. Plus, my 16 month old keeps sitting on the pads and dragging them off. HELP!!

KarmicChild

Asked by KarmicChild at 12:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Crate train him
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 1:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• With dogs, it is the owner that needs the training. They require time and alot of praise to get the message.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 4:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2010