When did your baby starting eating food?

I don't mean the baby food, I mean the REAL table food that you cook and eat as an entire family.

My daughter is 10 months and is just starting to consider the idea of eating the food I am eating. She would still rather have her baby food though.

The little boy I babysitis 9 months and he wants table food NOW .. LOL.

NOLAmommaKRYS

Asked by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my son is 9 months and he eats table food. he does well with it though...some babies need to wait longer.
    Anonymous

• Well, technically, she was about a year old because from 6 months until then, I was only cooking for myself because my husband was deployed, so I didn't really cook much of the time. I did a lot of microwave dinners, and I knew it was bad for me, so I didn't want to give that to my daughter. I made her baby food (pureed her a bunch of different veggies and fruit), but it wasn't until her daddy got home that she started really eating table food again since that was when I actually started cooking real food again.
    Anonymous

• I never bought baby food, just mashed up what we were eating.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2010