Does your DH/SO anger easily!??!

I'm furious!! DH was having trouble with getting his virus infected portable drive to work so he throws it! Then the laptop started malfunctioning (trying to keep up with and update that hard-drive missing!) so he THREW THE LAPTOP!!! I can't tell you how many electronics we've gone through!!! At least 4 ipods, 12 phones, 3 laptops, 2 computers and numerous little electricals (xbox controllers). I'm sick of spending money on stuff we USED to have but he broke! Everytime we finally are able to put SOMETHING into savings, he breaks something!!! I can't deal with this much longer, I don't want my child to see and learn this horrible behavior... he's seeing a counselor but that seems to be making everything worse!!! IDK what to do!!! How do you handle it??!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• You know I myself used to have anger issues and I could have been your partner. I used to throw dishes, glasses when I got pushed to the limit. It's all about not knowing how to express your anger appropriately. Thankfully my husband loved me enough to tell me clearly that while it was okay to be angry it wasn't okay the way I was expressing it. I went into counseling years ago. Do I still get angry. Oh heck yeah. Do I ever feel like breaking china? Yep. But I don't, as I said there are other ways to express my anger. I "use my words" now as we tell our kids.

It's all about not having great role models as kids and yes it's totally about what you see and experience as a kid. My dad was a hot head, I learned to be one. When your husband is calm have a heart to heart with him and tell him it's time to go to counseling as you don't want your child growing up following his example. Take care.
    jwoap

Answer by jwoap at 1:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I would leave because I'd be afraid that violence would be turned towards me and the kid. I would seriously fear for our lives and safety.
    Anonymous

• My STBX was never to the point of throwing things, just a quick temper. I couldn't deal with the overbearing stuff though after so long.
    Anonymous