Why is it my friend can lose 9 pounds and lose 4 inches from her waist when I would have to lose 50 pounds in order to lose 4 inches from my waist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Sounds like she is building muscle while losing, I know personally I have done somehting similar my weight hasnt gone down more than 15 pounds but i am down two jean sizes and everyone is commenting on how much weight i have lost. Last night i told my husband i didnt understand how everyone could think i have lost all this weight and he said "have you looked in a mirror lately? you have lost inches and your body is toned, you have changed your body completely from what it was 4 months ago" after i really looked he was right my arms, legs and butt are toned my stomach is shrinking and starting to show signs of being toned.

I have added muscle mass while losing inches so my weight hasnt gone down but my body looks like it has. I am willing to bet it has alot to do with the workouts your friend is doing.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:58 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• definitely what the above said.

you can lose weight in different ways - its not always fat and size.

I've lost 1 pound and 4 inches in the past 5 weeks - I'm doing heavy cardio, and weight training.

muscle weighs more than fat. which is why sometimes you gain weight when you start a program - your body is making muscle.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• weight or no weight muscle is the way to go! much healthier for you.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2010