Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where can i go if my parents kick me out of the house since im 16 and pregnat?

Answer Question

Asked by kandacerhall at 1:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (35)
  • Either with the boy who got you pregnant, or a womens center.

    Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • First off, you shouldn't get pregnant at 16 no matter how mature you think you are. Second, there are a few places you could go.. but if I were you, I would listen to what your parents have to say first, they only care about you, you know, no matter how cliche that may sound. If that just does not work for you, then call planned parenthood and ask them about your options.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • There are homes for unwed teens across the nation. If you have a local Pregnancy Support Center, call them and tell them of your plight. Sometimes those have lists of folks who are willing to open their homes to girls like you and who will allow you to live there until your baby is born.

    Answer by NannyB. at 1:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • Call or go talk to CPS. Your parents are responsible for you tell you are 18. Or go to the police


    Answer by louise2 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • Anon, what is the use in telling her she shouldn't have when she already is? Her parents kicked her out, that is what she said!
    Hun, try to google womens center in your area or a house for pregnant teens with no where to go. A friend maybe until you decide what to do. I know that if my daughter had a friend in your predicament, I would help her out until you found a permanent place. I know you are probably freaking out but everything will work out, good luck!

    Answer by older at 1:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • she said IF her parents kick her out.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • Your parents can say your the one out of control and put you in foster care. Then you will have to behave and prove yourself or they will take your baby.

    Answer by BlooBird at 1:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • anon, I stand corrected, but telling her what she should have done was wrong. She came here for some advice and comfort not reprimand.

    Answer by older at 2:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • I'm sure they don't mean to be rude or unwelcome. Give them sometime to assimilate the news. Can you stay at your aunt or grandma house? otherwise just stay until they open the door for you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • if i were in your situation, i'd stay with a friend or the father of the child until i found a more permanent solution. and i'd definitely try to work things out by talking to your parents. be humble & acknowledge that you made a mistake & that you've probably disappointed them, and don't argue with whatever they have to say (no matter how much it may upset you, just let them vent, they have feelings too.) let them know where you stand on this pregnancy (do you want to keep it, adopt, etc... ) and say you're hoping for their help and understanding. if they can't accept what you've chosen & still kick you out, then look for a women's shelter or find other resources that will help you get through this. good luck.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.