scholarships & grants for single moms?

I have a 7 month old son at home and a BF and i am look to attend online college in the next few months for health care administration. As of now its going to be about $22,000 for an associate degree, and i need as much help financially as possible. Does anyone know of any grants of scholarships that i would be eligible for? please help.

1mama2B

Asked by 1mama2B at 1:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in

• apply for FASFA first, then a pell grant, then use search engines for extra grants for single moms in your state.
    Anonymous

• PELL Grants
    Anonymous

• Pell Grant! Look it up at USA.gov.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 3:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Fill out the FAFSA. That is the free, federal application for financial student aid. This is what colleges use for determining what each student will be able to recieve. It determines how much grants, student loans, work study funds you may be able to recieve, it is NOT anytype of grant or money, just what you MAY be eligible for.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• ive already been approved for financial aid, and ill be recieving 1300 in pell grants as well as like 4500 in subsidized and unsubsidized loans weach semester which will cove the cost of school since im going online, but the more free money the less i have to pay back
    1mama2B

Answer by 1mama2B at 12:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• My daughter just applied to college as a single mom of two. She was told by her school that most of the grants for single mom's were scams. I don't know if this is true or not, but be careful. My daughter's schooling will take 12 months. The councilor told her she would have to pay $100 a month and when she graduated she would have 10 years to pay $10,000 back. I personally don't think this is a good deal.
    I would recommend talking to a school councilor. Good Luck!
    Butterflybaby2

Answer by Butterflybaby2 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2010