Why do Libs think more of the 15-20 million people who might want insurance?

and not the 280 million people who don't want it or already have it. They say we are selfish so what does that make them?
Hundreds of millions of people will be taxed, harrassed and have their lifestyles altered because 15-20 million think they are owed something from the government. Sounds pretty selfish on their end to me.
Of course I know it's a power thing but what do libs have to say about it?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i am not a lib in fact very conservative but we do have to do something about the uninsured like me. right now i am disabled so i have medicare my kids have medicade. you know my daughter got her teeth knocked out in an accident 2 years ago she can not get her front teeth replaced because it isn't necessary really she can't eat a good many foods. my son is diabetic and can only test is blood a few times a day because he will run out of supplies is that fair. should my kids be hurt because i am no longer work. i worked long and hard for many years.
    you are kidding yourself if you think you are not already funding what little we have. your bills are higher to cover us. it is sad
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 2:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• so mom2, your saying that bringing us all down to the level you have is the answer rather than proper reform to bring your standard up? My husband is diabetic and he only tests a few times a day. What are you saying with that?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• And so............ buying health insurance is now, required. Will it be paid for with the same money; those that did'nt have it before; don't have now? I hope there is more clarification to come.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 3:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• mom2 you have my sympathy and you are the kind of family I think should be helped. But, I also agree with Carpy. It would have been better to bring up the standard of your care than to bring down the standards of the majority.

Why do we have to ALL have health INSURANCE? Wouldn't it have been a better idea to make sure there was health CARE for those that needed it and couldn't afford it. An expansion of Medicare & Medicaid and a sliding scale premium/co-pay could easily have fixed this AND it wouldn't have cost a trillion dollars!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Majority does not rule. We are a democratic republic to ensure that the minority does have a voice and has protections.

Does that mean I think the health care overhaul package was the right one? No. But I do believe SOMETHING had to be done. I think YSK's idea has a lot of merit.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Thank you gdiamante! It certainly would have been nice to try something like this before going to the extreme we went to. As a business owner I see a world of hurt ahead.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2010