I'm expecting #2 when my son will b around 16 months old.

It took be by total surprise I really Really did not want number two yet. We used condoms every time except once so I really didn't think I was when I was late. I'm gonna be the example all the parents I know use to tell their children it only takes one time. Well I'm happy but extremely nervous I don't need any one else to tell me I'm stupid or to consider abortion, I'm pro-choice but I have no reason at all to get one my mind is made up I just want some encouragement and advice for having two close in age, young children. I need all I can get my hubby is getting deployed before the baby will be born plus I'd like to get a job before I have this one.

deanna89

Asked by deanna89 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have two that are 15 months apart. They are 3 and 4. I was not planning it either and was very worried about how I would manage, but it was not nearly so hard as I anticipated. Honestly I think the hardest part was being pregnant and having a baby/toddler. That was really physically taxing for me. Once it was just a matter of taking care of two babies, it was not that much harder than taking care of one. There are a lot of moms on the closely spaced siblings group and the 2 under 2 group on here, and they will have lots of good advice and moral support for you. Good luck mama!
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• My daughter was born when my son was 17 months old and, like you, it was a complete shock and completely unplanned. It was difficult at times, but now they are older, he is 5, she is 4, they are the BEST of friends and I couldn't ever imagine it any other way. You will do great. I wish you the best of luck in the pregnancy, in finding a job and I wish your husband a safe deployment. Good Luck, Mama!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 2:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• well, first of all, congratulations! =)

i know at first it seems like it's going to be impossible but it's not. =) enjoy your pregnancy & take it easy while you still have just 1 child. &when the new one arrives, it'll only seem overwhelming for the first few months. just think of it as a few extra feedings & diapers. i think it's tougher being a first time mom over having a second child. with your first, you don't know what to expect & everything seems soo new & scary. this time you're already trained for mommy duty. you've just got 1more kid.. but your job doesn't really change. good luck. my kids are 4, 2, and #3 is due any day now. it's all a matter of perspective. if you think it's going to be impossible, then you'll spend your time obsessing about how hard it is to have 2 young children. if you think positive, like it's just a few extra things to add to what you're already doing for #1, it's not that bad
    Anonymous

• Well that is my worst nightmare. I have a 1 year old and hell no I don't want another for a long long time. But...I have several friends who are already pregnant and who have 1 year olds or are trying to get pregnant again. Some people really want their kids close in age. It is very common to me and nothing you should be afraid of doing. One friend's opinion is "well, this will suck for a year but a year is not that long.' She's right, in the span of a lifetime, a year is nothing!
    Anonymous

• wow i just posted this and i already have a lot of good stuff thanx everyone!!!!! i feel soooo much better!
    deanna89

Answer by deanna89 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Well, DD and DS are 18 months apart....and I'm not gonna say that it's been easy...they're 3 and 2 now and fight like wet cats and dogs!!! But then they can be so sweet to each other...those are the little things that make the bad things okay....I had a horrible delivery and post partum with DD 'cause she was in the hospital her first 6 weeks and I was there with her...but with DS, I knew what to expect...it was taxing and I am still tired...'cause they get up at the butt crack of dawn...but it's worth it when you see your 3 year old writing her ABCs or when one kid is crying and the other is comforting....or you walk in their room, when they're sleep and you see the younger one asleep on the chest of the older one...that makes it worth while...
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Mine are 17 mos apart, don't worry, you will survive! It is more busy than it is hard. it is kind of nice having two so close in age, as they grow they are right there with each other. I didn't plan on having mine that close either. I thought it would take at least a few months to get pregnant again, then number 2 was born 6 weeks early. I guess it was meant to be!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Im due within the next couple weeks, and my son is only 15 1/2 months old!! SOOO...yea..being pregnant with the toddler running around was REALLY hard, esp. because this pregnancy seemed to be super hard on my body. But I made it, the baby hasnt been neglected...I cant tell you what having a newborn and a 15 month old is like yet, but ill let you know soon :) You can do it though!!! Just have faith and keep your head up!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I have two that are 18 months apart and am due with #5 when my current youngest will be 20 months. Having them close together is no reason to consider abortion! It's a tad difficult when they are little, but by the time the younger is around 9 months old it gets MUCH easier because they entertain each other. My almost 9 and 10 year old play together beautifully and have always been into the same things at the same times - they like the same tv shows, the same board games, the same friends, etc. It's actually really nice and I like that my youngest is going to have a sibling so close in age!

Answer by missanc at 5:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• hi we have four close together we like it they are close and now teens thay are buddy in this world who can you really count on but your sisters and brothers
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2010