question about swelling...

im only going to be in my 17th week of pregnancy.. and my feet and hands will swell up really really bad...
is this normal for so soon in pregnancy?...
any ideas on what to do?..

ps.. will be talking to my doc about this got app. next week..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I started swelling about 5 months, and i ended up with toxicemeia (how ever you spell it) i would tell you dr. when you see them. They are going to check your blood pressure. I went a long time until they finaly found out and was in and out of L&D all time time. so keep an eye on it.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 3:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Drink more water. I know this sounds weird (it makes no sense to me) but if you are retaining water you will swell up and the only way to prevent retaining it is to drink more water! Watch your salt intake too... it can cause swelling.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• First, a pregnant woman NEEDS salt due to increases blood volume; so unless you are the type to dump a tablespoon of salt on every dish, there is no reason to cut back.

Second, swelling in the hands can be a cause for concern. Preeclampsia is rare before 20 weeks, but it can happen. I would call your provider.

http://www.preeclampsia.org/symptoms.asp#swell

happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 3:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• water, water, water!
    bri_0110

Answer by bri_0110 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2010