I have a guy friend...

Who's funny, attractive, and single of course lol, anyway, we started hanging out a few months ago and I thought he was really into me at first then he kind of backed off but wants to stay friends with me, which is great because we have so much fun together. The only problem is, I really care about him a lot!!! (romantically) How can I NOT have these feelings for him because I don't want to run him off but I don't want to end up hurt either, and I do want him in my life, he's an amazing person! Any advice would be nice, thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• Just keep your feelings to yourself. You can't help how you feel but you can help what you say and how you act. If you know he doesn't want that kind of relationship and you will ruin it by making it akward for him just continue with things the way they are and see where it goes. Just DO NOT become obsessive.
    Anonymous

• Thanks! I always let him txt me first or initiate conversation because I don't want to seem needy or pushy!
    Anonymous

• hve straight up honest conversation with him. Tell him you like him but keep it a casual conversation. then wait for his raction.
    He just mig
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 3:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• are you sure he wants to be just friends? maybe, then maybe not.

I had a situation like that with a friend of mine, I told him the truth, he was VERY flattered. we never pursued a romantic relationship for several reasons. I told him because I figured that this was a guy that I was so close to and shared so much with. It just seemed natural to share this too.
    in our case it never really seemed to hurt anything and didn't change that much.
    it's up to you what you want to do- guys are often not as uptight about this stuff as women are.

but do consider that friendships can last forever, if you start to date him, then there's a chance that it might break off and you could never see him again.

it's up to you what is most important to you- your choice, you only live once!
    Anonymous

• i agree with the first answere
    bri_0110

Answer by bri_0110 at 6:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2010