Does it annoy you when people wait on you to get in the car at the grocery store so they can have your parking space?

I'm going to be honest...it irritates the piss out of me. I HATE feeling rushed and it takes me a few minutes to get the groceries, the kids, the diaper bag, etc. into the car. Then give the kids their snack that they always get when we get out of the store.

A few times people have gotten huffy and drove away but today this lady yelled out her window "Hurry up you heffer!!"

EXCUSE ME?????

Why couldn't see just park a little farther out? What is so wrong with walking???

I try to park next to a basket return because it makes it easier with the kids but if I can't find one within a couple of minutes then I just park. I don't worry about getting the closest parking spot.

Has this ever happened to you???

Why do people do this?? I'm not talking about taking a spot someone is pulling out of. I'm talking about waiting for someone to load a weeks worth of groceries.

Does it bother you when p

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• people do this? ****

Sorry it cut me off and I didn't realize it. :)

OP
    Anonymous

• It doesn't bother me....I just take my own sweet time getting the groceries and myself in to the car. That annoys the person waiting on me!! LOL
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 3:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Oh yes! This always bugs me. I have had this happen at the mall when I had two children and a stroller to store away before I could pull out. Once I decided to just sit and pretend I didn't see them to see how long it would take for them to give up. That felt SO good!
    Anonymous

• Yes, it ticks me off. They have to wait on me too. It takes time to get kids and everything else in the car and situated properly.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I get irritated too. Just because I'm going to my car, does not always mean I'm going to jump in a leave right away. If I'm going to be a while, and it usually does take a while when the kids are with me, I wave them on tell them I'm not leaving. Sometimes they get mad, but they can go find a parking spot somewhere else. there is no rule that says if you go to your car and someone wants your spot you have to leave your groceries and not buckle up your kids just so they can immediately have your spot. lol
    Anonymous

• I have to admit it annoys me. I usually take me dear sweet time in those cases. Then I sit in the car and pretend to talk on the phone. I've had a couple people get really pissy about that.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• No they just have to wait for me. I am not going to rush for them. They are sitting in there nice heated or air conditioned car. They can wait for me to get my kids in, buckle, and what ever else needs to be done. If they don't like it whatever. Not like this is the only spot they can park.
    Anonymous

• It annoys the crap out of me, so I wait until they leave! I'll turn the dvd player on in the car and let my son watch a movie and wait there just cause it bothers me so much!
    mommaplaysbass

Answer by mommaplaysbass at 3:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• it bothers me sometimes also.. i just take my time and sit there and not move lol
    gfam6

Answer by gfam6 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• It doesn't bother me because I wait on spots too. Just because someone is waiting doesn't mean you have to rush. It doesn't really take that long to get in your car and leave anyway.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2010