what can i make with keilbasa sausage?

I dont have much, so any ideas? On something good for me, hubby and kids for dinner..

Any Idea?

DiandraBryant07

Asked by DiandraBryant07 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I always make it with sauerkraut and potatoes. It is super yummy and my kids like it.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 3:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I slice it thin, if you have a chicken breast, cook and chop up in small chunks,add about 1/4 cup chopped onion and red bell pepper to it. Boil some penne pasta, make a white cream sauce, add a little Cajun Creole seasoning to it , mix it up and serve, yummy!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• saute it with green peppers and onions, and stewed tomatoes and serve with yellow rice and corn (loved this as a kid and still do)
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• If you have eggs, shredded mexican seasoned cheese (or similar) & shredded potatoes, you can make this: First, preheat oven to 350, then cut up the kielbasa into 1/4 inch pieces & pan fry them until lightly browned, then drain them on paper towels & squeeze the grease out. Next, in a big bowel, dump the potato shreds (if they're frozen, defrost them or it will take too long for your food to cook), 1/4 cup of shredded cheese/person & one egg/person + 1 extra. Add salt & pepper to taste if you don't use the seasoned cheese shreds. Toss in the kielbasa & mix well. Grease with margarine a 9 x 13 glass or ceramic casserole or whatever you have that's closest in size. Dump the mix into the casserole, sprinkle on more cheese. Bake for 1 hour or until a knife in the center comes out dry. Enjoy!
    Anonymous

• I just heat it up, make mashed potatoes and a veggie. We also like it with pasta.
    Anonymous

• I add it to hashbrown casserole, scalloped or au gratin potatoes to make it a main dish, or to a bean soup.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I chop it up, chop some cabbage up, add a bit of soy sauce and mix it with white rice. My kids love it.
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 6:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• We had it for dinner. Just cooked in a pan with mac and cheese for a side
    Sometimes I cut it up, add onions and mushrooms and put it over noodles or any pasta.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I make Hot German potato salad and add sliced kielbasa for a hot main dish.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I have 2 recipes:

1. Cut into chunks along with potatoes and onions. Put in crockpot with sauerkraut and butter, salt and pepper. Cook on low for about 4 hours (until potatoes are done).

2. Cut in bite size chunks, along with chunks of potatoes, green peppers and onions, saute with butter until potatoes are done.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2010