i went 2 the doctor yesterday n he did not check 2 c was i dilated at all...i woke up havin bad white discharge...i ask my sister n she said it was my mucus plug but my doctor told me last week that i had lose it...30 to 40 mins now i been havin really bad lower stomach pain...the pain do not b strong but it make it hard 2 breath...i'm just lose with everything that is goin on with me right now...i tried callin the labor n deliver n did not help me out...so can ya'll please help me out

i'm 37 weeks n also this is my 1st baby

mslisha90

Asked by mslisha90 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Is your belly hurting all the time or is it coming and going?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• you need to call the dr. asap.. or even just go and show up and make them work you in.. it might be labor..
    Anonymous

• go to the hospital to be safe. they'll monitor your contractions & the baby's heart. if you're in real labor, they'll have you stay. if not, they'll send you home, but at least you can ask them any question you want about the discharge & pain. good luck.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 3:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Begining stages of labor...which could mean that youll be welcoming baby soon, or that itll be another few weeks! Your water could still break, and your contractions have a ways to go...make sure they last over an hour and are less than i would say 9 minutes apart i guess...Everyone says youll know the difference when your labor REALLY sets in..and with my first i did for sure...with this one...im in the same boat..i have no idea if its going to be that hard on me because i already know what to expect!! GL (oh and losing mucus plug doesnt mean babys going to come flying out any time soon if you were worried about that!!!)
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• the pain will not b strong but i still feel it there n my lower stomach....i can call my doctor n he would not tell me nothin that is goin on with me right now....i been 2 the hospital bout 4 times bout this same problem n i was not contracting r nothin.... yesterday i went 2 my doctor n he did not check 2 c if i was dilated... but just by lookin at my stomach he was sayin hopefully by next week i will have my baby.... but i just 2 know if im dilated r if i lose my mucus plug....
    mslisha90

Answer by mslisha90 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• at 37 weeks its TOTALLY normal to be slightly dilated (1-2cm) so if you have dilated over night, then that is FINE and nothing to worry about. If you are feeling the pain only in your lower stomach than thats the normal cramping that happens at the end of the pregnancy. It helps your cervix thin out to prepare for labor. IMO, nothing you stated is any cause for concern or warrants a trip to L&D. At 37 weeks they would not attempt to stop your labor so there is no reason to rush in
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• The mucous plug can regenerate, so you can "loose" it more than once.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 4:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• it's kind of hard to understand what you are saying but based on my understanding, everything sounds normal. i wouldn't count on having that baby within a week but it's definitely possible. you could feel crampy in your lower stomach for weeks.

i would just go about life as normal as much as possible until i was having *intense* *obvious* contractions, several in an hour.

good luck!!!!!
    Anonymous

• alright but last week my doctor told me that i had lose my mucus plug.... n within 24 to 48 hours i will b havin my baby n nothin happened yet...i do not know if i'm dilated cause my doctor did not let me know that yesterday when i went n... but just by lookin at my stomach he told me that i might b havin my baby next week... not only my lower stomach b hurtin it also b my lower back.... i also wat 2 know is dirrahea a sign that is labor is close
    mslisha90

Answer by mslisha90 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• alright but last week my doctor told me that i had lose my mucus plug.... n within 24 to 48 hours i will b havin my baby

your doctor really shouldn't say things like that because often a woman will lose her plug and not go into labor for *weeks*

some women do have diarrhea before labor begins but not always. gl :)
    Anonymous