16Month old still has craddle cap

My dd still has craddle cap. Iv gone threw i dont know how many bottles of that lotion stuff for it and iv been combing her head with that special comb. Nothing is helping. Even perscription creams didnt work. I dont want to just scrap it off cause he hair falls out with it in chunks... And she doesnt have a whole lotta hair to start. Any home made ideas that work? And is this why she doesnt have a lot of hair, cause of the craddle cap? She wasnt born with much hair but could this slow the hair growth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OP*** she doesnt have it bad, but it just doesnt make sense why it go away!
    Anonymous

• Olive oil

Answer by rkoloms at 3:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• The only thing that worked was head and shoulders...II tried all kinds of stuff also :/ No more giving baths everyday or even every other day..Try 2 times a week to work natural oils in her skin.After each bath and everyday I brushed her head with a brush that was not a baby brush.It was gone in no time..
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• did you try baby oil?
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I agree with the head n shoulders it worked great when my son had it
    Mrs.Jolly

Answer by Mrs.Jolly at 4:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• well i can answer one question my son is 19 months and still has cradle cap his hair grows extremely fast right now his bangs are past his eyes and we just got it cut 2 months ago. but i have tried every thing to get rid of it
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• OP*** will the head and sholders hurt her eyes?
    Anonymous

• have you tried putting the baby oil pretty thick on the areas that are affected about 30 minutes before bathing, and then scrubbing good with her normal shampoo? thats the only thing that worked for us, the oil after bath never worked. but BEFORE did wonders!! worth a shot at least?
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 6:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Dont get it in her eyes :) I was scared also..BUT i had to do it
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 7:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I used baby shampoo and scrubbed her hair with a hair brush with stiffer bristles then her baby brush. Just make sure that when you wash her hair you scrub it really good.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2010