have you ever heard of this?

My best friends (ex)boyfriend claims he can't have kids until he has a surgery to remove a vein in the penis or testicles that produces heat and kills the sperm. Have you ever heard of something like that?

(she's been cramping for over a week now so she thinks she might be pregnant but then she says theres no way because "he can't have kids til he has this surgery")

I told her that's a load of bull and things CAN happen.

She said his dad had the same thing and after he had the surgery to fix it that it took over 3 years to have a baby.

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Health

• sperm like heat and warm cozy spots unless he is producing fire i would say he is full of it.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a load of poo to me. Those crazy boys will tell you anything to get their way sometimes. Tell her to take a test and find out for sure!
    Rowdyblues

Answer by Rowdyblues at 4:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• There is a fertility problem involving a vein in the penis that can require surgery. I think it's called varicole or something like that. It does also run in families, so he might not be lying completely. He may actually have the condition, but I doubt the condition would be considered 100% effective as birth control. Even if he did a sperm count and they came up with zero viable sperm, that doesn't mean that there could never be any viable sperm.
    Anonymous

• That's right up there with "I'll just put it in for a minute."
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 6:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• heat does kill sperm, that is why the testes hang outside of the body, if they were inside the sperm would get "cooked". he may be telling the truth, however, it probably does not make him 100% sterile. A couple of hearty swimmers could survive!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Here is some good info... http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/Varicocele/DS00618
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 6:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Sounds like a bunch of bs to me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2010