Planning to go to Gatlinburg

I am planning a romantic getaway with my husband to Gatlinburg. Are there any fun adult things to do over there? I know there are alot of things to see and do during the day, but what about at night? Are there any bars and night clubs?
And where is the best place to stay? Any hotel recommendations? Will three nights be enough to see everything or is it too much time? I am thinking sometime in May. How is the weather?

ARIESA

Asked by ARIESA at 4:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Travel

• you can drive to cherokee for the day..its about an hour away...the casino. They serve alcohol now.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• last year we went and we saw two baby cubs on our way...it was so beautiful
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• theres alot to do, some clubs but I dont know the names of them, 3 days is enough
    Anonymous

• I would recommend a cabin over a hotel room, they cost almost the same and with a cabin you get more amenities. We always use Cabins USA (the Pigeon Forge one although its in between Gatlinburg and P.F.) our favorite has been Glory Days although looking at the website its no longer on there. AtShiloh looks nice though.
    The road between Gatlinburg and Cherokee has had a rock slide and last I heard it was impassible which is a shame because it is a beautiful drive.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I don't know about night life but there are trail rides that you could go on or horse drawn carriage rides I think that would be romantic. Nearby there is a State Park named Cades Cove and if you get there in the evening you can see hundreds and hundreds of dear, sometime bears and other wildlife. You can also tour historical cabins and homesteads. Pigeon Forge is nearby and is quite a bit larger of a town. We always went to a steak place to eat there but for the life of me I can not remember the name of the restaurant. I think May would be beautiful weather but anything would be better than we have in Washington.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Is the Steak place Alamo or something like that? We loved that place, DH always has to go to The Mill or The Old Mill (something like that) be prepared to eat a lot or go home with a lot of leftovers. Our daughter LOVES the Dixie Stampede.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• http://www.mountainchalets.com/

this is where me and my husband and kids stayed a couple of years ago, very beautiful, we are planing to go back in october..
    we stayed in http://www.mountainchalets.com/Rentals/unit_CV613.aspx, very peaceful and relaxing I thought.
    Anonymous

• When my dh and I went alone to Gatlinburg, we also looked for some nightlife. There is a bar on the main drag on the second floor of a building, but can't remember the name of it. They had food and karoke that night. Other than that, we could not find a thing. Lots of shows, shops, great food and of course, beautiful scenery! We love that area and go almost every year at some time or another. May will be great but have to warn you, the traffic is bumper to bumper so you will not be going anywhere in a hurry. They have trolleys and that is how we did most of our traveling. Hope you have a great time!
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 2:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2010