Heres my diet and exercise routine. Why havent I lost any weight

I have been eating right for 2 months now. Im still stuck at 141 lbs. I havent lost any pounds. I am 5'4" so I am on the verge of being overweight. I took out my mirena in January, thinking this was the reason I amnot able to lose weight and I still havent lost anything. I just cant get past the 140 pound.

For breakfast - I hardboiled egg and black coffee (70 calories)

Lunch - Chicken breast cut up in salad and 2 tbs of dressing (200 calories)

Dinner - 1 fillet of tilapia and 1 cup of rice and veggies (350 calories)

Total caloric intake for the day - 620 calories

No soda, juice or snacks or sugar whatsoever during the day

Plus I work out 5 days a week. Everytime I do, I make sure I burn at least 350 calories. So in essence I am only consuming 250 calories or so a day. For 2 months I should have lost at least 20 pounds, but NOTHING!!!

What are I doing wrong???? Anyone with any advise.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Looks like you may not be taking in enough calories. Around 1200 calories a day is considered starvation and your body will retain fat, slow down your metabolism, and horde the calories to live on.
    Anonymous

• You might not be eating enough. Honestly. My doctor told me I have to eat more calories so my body doesn't think I am starving. Your body stores the fat if you don't eat enough, and you won't burn it as easily. Try for at least 1200 calories a day, and keep working out.
    Anonymous

• you should be eating more
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• eat six times a day...small meals or snacks around 200 cals. each
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I agree with above posters and don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat so you may not loose weight for a while. Make your judgments based on how your clothes are fitting not what the scales say! Eat more please too!
    Rowdyblues

Answer by Rowdyblues at 5:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I honestly dont understand why you have to eat MORE in order to LOSE weight. Im honestly trying to understand this...I mean look at anorexics...they are NOT eating at all but their bodies tend to not hold on to the fat. Please explain this to me...

I was once told that consuming less calories would be the easiest and quickest way to lose weight NOT eating more. I am confused now...:/
    Anonymous

• You need more calories. Your body doesn't want to get rid of them because you are taking in too little.
    Anonymous

• If you don't want to eat more, try working out 3 days/week instead of 5. You're working yourself way too hard for the amount of calories you're taking in.
    Anonymous

• You're starving your body of needed calories, therefore your system is slowing down, meaning you're making it harder to burn calories, and your body is holding on to the calories you are eating and storing them because it is being starved. A lot of people think that this will make them lose weight, but your body literally goes in to "starvation mode" and will hold on to EVERY CALORIE YOU CONSUME. You need to be eating at leasy 1,000 calories a day, and yes, you will lose weight eating that many calories.
    Anonymous

• You lose inches before you lose weight. Also, muscle weighs more then body fat, so as you gain muscle your weight may stay the same. Watch your inches. It could be that you've lost inches and those show quicker the weight lost.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2010