ever have a total yuppie/soccer mom type day?

I am lol'ing at how "yuppie/soccer momish" my day has been so far.
First I drive a mini-van... cant get much more soccer mom than that. After dropping the kids at school I met a girlfriend at Starbucks. Starbucks the absolute epitomy of yuppie.... and yes my order simply rolled off my toung. Then I got a massage.... why not I had a gift certificate. Then, as if that wasnt enough, I treated my self to a lunch of sashmi and seaweed salad. LMBO!

Ever have a day like that???

Yah... I have laundry going now, dishwasher going, and will be watchin a little leauge game until dark.... so I am doing the mom thing... it isnt all fun and games.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It sounds lovely! How old are you? If you are young, your generation of moms are called "Helicopter" moms! :)
    Anonymous

• Never have had a day like that. First of all, I don't drink coffee and will never be caught dead in a Starbucks. Second, I don't drive a minivan, but a Ford Explorer. And I can't stand having my back rubbed for too long, especially by a stranger. Soo No, never had a day like that. Although, I get what you mean. I take it by the way you stated it, this isn't your normal routine for the day?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• 42

But i believe the term "helicopter parent" refers to a way of parenting.... not so much a generational aspect of parenting. Though I suppose it is the younger moms that tend parent that way over the older moms. 

OP

Anonymous

• Since I work full-time not today, but I think my husband and I would be considered 'yuppies.' We both work, but we love Starbucks (cringe!), get massages, no minivan yet, but a small suv, kid is in private school, the list goes on! I feel very lucky and fortunate to be able to afford such things.
    Anonymous

• Well I had an ex-boyfriend who got me hooked on coffee when I was in my early 20s. Im a So Cal mom, ya cant throw a cell phone around here with out hitting a Starbucks. I suppose I could have gone to any of the dozens of coffee houses around here.... just happens that this was the most convient. As far as this being the norm... naw not every day. But I am blessed to have these "me" days more than others.

OP

Anonymous

• Drive a Range Rover, have 3 boys, 2 in sports, all in school, run them everywhere, take care of our home, am a SAHM, But I'm the farthest thing from a yuppie... I make my own coffee, don't believe in spending that much on coffee, won't drive a mini van, ughhh... Have 2 jet ski's, a rock crawling jeep, live in the country, love to garden, not spend money frivolously... Oh and my dishwasher, wash machine,computer,and fax machine, are running off and one all day..

MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Hmmm Never really considered myself a Yuppie, that is more of a reference to young professionals with affluent lifestyles lol and I am far from being a professional and ummm affluent yeah umm not even close lol.

Other than that lol I am a soccer mom and a dance mom and a scout mom, I used to be a baseball mom but we gave that up and added spring soccer, I do however love my coffee and tea but I try to make it at home and take it with me in my starbucks travel mug :) What I wouldnt give for a massage, The last time i had someone other than DH give me one was 13 years ago before having kids, the closest i get to that now is walking by the massage room at the gym on my way to workout :)

I would love to have days like yours that would be awesome, sadly i wont see anything like that until the kids are in college :(
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Yes I have and Amen for those kind of days. It is stereotypical, but sometimes the stereotypes ring true. I feel that way when I am shopping at Target with my starbucks coffee and my daughter and husband. My husband says I dress him like a ken doll. lol. And I drive the minivan and I think I am going to schedule a massage. Thanks for the idea. :)
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 9:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2010