Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Switching pediatricians.

How do I go about it?
Do I need anything from the old pediatrician's office or can I just start going to a new one?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (3)
  • You probably need some medical records, at the very least the shot records. Call the new office and find out.

    Answer by kjrn79 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • It might be a good idea to make sure the new doctor has your child's medical records.

    Answer by jamesmommy12 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • when we changed, we called the new office first and they told us we just needed to get the old ones fax # and that they would get the records..... but I know some places say that you ahev to get them I imagine just call the one you plan on going to and ask them what you should do

    Answer by glamomomo at 5:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.