What is so wrong with the mini van?

I had three kids close together it was a reliable car, good price, and has served me well. I can fit 6 soccer players, with 6 soccer bags, a chair, a cooler, and not be too long to fit into a parking spot.

Why are people so hateful about the dang mini van.

It really cracks me up how hateful some are towards a car. I will be getting a new car Jan 2011 and since my situation has changed I can look at smaller cars... suvs, etc. But for now the mini van works GREAT... and has great trunk space.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I must live in my own little world, because I had NO IDEA people were like that! LOL!!!! I LOVE my mini-van! There is NOTHING wrong with my car....however, I wonder about people who have viscous hatred towards a car or the people who dare own it!!!!
    Anonymous

• IDK I love mine and with my family it works well, once my oldest starts driving we will upgrade our truck and then a few years later when I only have my youngest to drive around I get my Durango :) I figure if driving a mini van means i save money and get good gas mileage i can live with it till the kids are older. Besides they are kids they are just going to stain the seats and floor so why spend more on the car you really want just to have it ruined?
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• The car I really hate... and will never understand... are the rusted old cars sitting on cinder blocks in someones yard. Really now... do you not have any slef respect. Fix the dang car or junk it but leaving it on blocks in your yard makes the whole neighborhood look trashy.
    Anonymous

• Don't care what others choose to drive, I just will never own one. They don't hold their value, aren't nice to look at, and will never buy something just because everyone else has one.. We love our Range Rover and our Rock crawling jeep... I can drive either one and our boys love them and so do we... It's a win win for us... I also don't haul around 6 soccer players only our 2 baseball players so I guess we don't need something that big...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I've only heard mini van bashing on CM! Now one car that my friend as actual hatred for are the smart cars. Just the sight of them anger her. I don't know what that is about!
    Anonymous

• What people don't understand is that it's not about self-respect. It's about not having enough money to be able to do that. It.......You are right, you DON'T understand. AND you are judging someone you know NOTHING about!
    Anonymous

• its a symbol. it means you've given up on style and are now more into utility.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Love my minivan. I am getting a new one soon as this one is 10 yrs old and I have another 6 yrs of hauling around elementary school kids for field trips. It works for us, it doesn't for others. Both ways are fine. I don't hate other cars, it's not worth my time and energy. I don't understand the need for gas guzzlers like hummers and suburbans, especially when the owner has 1 or 2 kids, but not my money going down the drain.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:58 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Nothing is wrong with a mini van. Some people prefer other types of cars and that is fine as long as they're not knocking others for the car they choose are can afford. When people get worked up about what kind of car they do not like it tells me they place to much importance in it. It's just a car,van,suv it's not that serious lol.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• i would love love love to have a mommy van
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2010