Seasonal allergies?

The weather has gotten pretty nice here in southern Maryland and the pollen count is of course off the charts. The wind has been horrible too. I've had my 9 month old out very little (only on quick trips to the store and a check up). This morning he began sneezing and coughing, his right nostril is running clear mucus and his right eye is very watery. He's had no fever, is eating normally, and seems to only be down in energy a little. I'll be calling the doctor in the morning, but I was curious to see your opinions! Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have him take a bath/shower every time you come from outdoors.
    Try not to give sugary beverages and decrease the consumption of wheat.
    Anonymous

• He NEVER gets sugary beverages (he won't even drink juice yet) and he rarely has wheat. Thank you for the reply.
    Anonymous

• my dd is almost 7 months and has allergies..i called her doctor and he told me to give he 2.5 tsp of benedryl every 8 hrs or as needed..after about 2 days of that shes alot better
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

Report this answer

My son has food allergies this the reason for asking. Also don't forget to change his clothes too as often as possible.
    Anonymous