What are the pros and cons of having toddlers Birthday Party @McDonalds?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A friend of mine had her daughters 2nd b-day at one that had the ball pit and her DD ended up getting spinal meningitis. The health dept. came in and shut them down when it came out that she had been there. There were old, and I mean OLD, stinky & FULL diapers, bottles, pacifiers and just a bunch of crap in there. They aren't required by the state like a daycare to clean and sanatize. It never gets done. I personally would go elsewhere.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• cons........ your at mcdonalds

Anonymous

• unwanted guest
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• McDonalds?! really.. we have a just a dinner area here. Does yours have a play area?
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• They don't do that great of a job anymore.

pro: they clean the mess.

Honestly, bake a cake, serve some ice cream, invite some kids over, perhaps a pinata and a game of pin the tale on the donkey that you make yourself (or nose on the clown, it's easier), and let the kids play outside with each other a bit, and they will have fun! Do it at from 2 to 3:30, and you won't feel obligated to give them lunch, forget goodie bags, it's not necessary!
    Anonymous

• I agree with the PP, when our kids were younger we just had their parties at home. DD's bday is in June, and we always just have an inflatable swimming pool, luau type games, and some simple foods (grilled chicken legs, potato salad or macaroni salad, fruit tray/veggie tray, cupcakes and ice cream, and 100% juice boxes) and let them play and eat. They always had a great time playing in the water too. My middle son's birthday is in December, so we can't do outdoors for his, but we used to have little games for them indoors like a sports day, and the same types of foods. The kids love being home, I don't have to worry with packing up all the presents and bringing them back home, none of that. It's just more of a convenience, and I don't think McDonald's playgrounds are a very clean environment. I mean they're playing on slides and in the ball pit where kids have peed, etc, then eating. Yuck.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• PROS:
    Easy clean-up!
    Don't have to spend a ridiculous amount of money!
    They have a great time in the playland!
    The play area is usually in a secure area with a door!
    Food is made for everyone!
    CONS:
    SOME parents might not let thier kids go because the food is just so "awful" (not to me,I love Mcdonalds,lol)
    SOME parents might not let their kids go because they are germaphobes
    The kids might fight over a happy meal toy? lol
    Some of them might want chicken nuggets instead of a hamburger and its more expensive,LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Pros- They clean the mess.

Cons- GERMS GERMS GERMS!
    They DO NOT clean out the play areas.
    There have been several cases where SNAKES have been found in the ballpits and have even bit a few children
    No control over who is there.
    The food is horrible... we do not eat that junk. JMO.

The list of cons goes on!

Just bake a cake (cupcakes are even better), serve some juice boxes, maybe have a sandwich tray or two! Kids will find things to do! You could go to the dollar store and get plenty of little toys to keep them busy and not break the bank! ;)

At DDs 1st birthday, we bought a huge ballpit and a huge moonwalk (to use for later parties also) the kids old and young spent maybe 30 minutes playing in them, the ran around playing chase and hide and go seek most of the time!!!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 8:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Cons- GERM filled nastiness (and I am NOT a germaphobe and I think the place is NASTY)

I'm all for McDonalds... I love it, but I'm not planing on letting my son set foot in the play land... EVER if I can help it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2010