How do you moms do it that are in college?

I have an almost 3 year old and am planning on going back to college... How do you do it? Juggling kids, the housework, and school? I plan on taking some online courses over the summer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh and I am due in July with baby #2
    Anonymous

• you just do it. i need help sometimes from my SO and my mother. its tough but if you want something bad enough, youll work hard to get it done. i wouldnt recommend taking online courses though. theyre alot harder then on campus classes.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• If it's important to you, you just do it. If other things are a bigger priority, then you wait until you can make room for it or do it part-time. I divorced and became a single mom when my daughter was 2 1/2. At that time I was VERY motivated to get through school ASAP and get a better job to support us. I went to school (full load, 2 days a week), and I worked 3 to 4 days a week. There was no one else around to take care of the house, shopping, cooking, or laundry, so I did the best I could. During the time I was in school I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked, but we managed I finished school fairly quickly and got a great job. My daughter witnessed how hard I worked to make a better life for us, and she understands that we have what we have today because of the hard work I put in then. You can do anything if you are motivated strongly enough. If your husband is supportive, then you have a great start.
    Anonymous

• You do it very sleepily!
    ohsowonderful

Answer by ohsowonderful at 6:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• You just do it. I have a baby due at the end of May but am planning 2 summer courses. Now they are quick courses, but will still take up a chunk of time while they go on. Luckily I have my dad to watch my children while I am taking them.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I have a 6 year old. I got into college when she was 2. I am about to graduate this year. It was not easy but I made it work. I also worked part time and managed to be at her extra activities, and practices. My husband was a great help with the cooking and the chores. He also has been going to school and will be graduating this year. We have had sleepless nights but it is so worth it. You can do it!
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 10:53 AM on Apr. 3, 2010