• In the Spotlight:

How do you moms do it that are in college?

I have an almost 3 year old and am planning on going back to college... How do you do it? Juggling kids, the housework, and school? I plan on taking some online courses over the summer. And I am due in July with baby #2

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in

• dh and i are both in school(dh works full time too)...we both take some online and some on campus...we have a 7 month old and im pregnant with baby #2(planned baby) we take turns at night on who gets up...i make 3 bottles at night and then when my dd cries we take turns on who gives Ve the bottle...and as far as the housework goes...you just have to clean up after yourself..its hard but when u clean up after yourself it cuts alot of the work down..and we wash every saturaday
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I'm taking my courses fully online.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 6:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I have a 4yr old and watch another 4yr old. I am going to graduate next month with my associates and the advice that I can give you is excellent time managment! I take all my courses online so that I can be home. In the morning before my other 4yr old gets to my house I do about 2hrs worth of homework/study, then take them to school which gives me another 2 hours. Then we come home and talk about school and do lunch. Then at naptime i do another 1-2hrs of homework/study. Then I clean the house until around 5 until the 4yr old I watch goes home, then I work another 1-2hr on homework/study if needed. I usually get all my homework done by friday so that I have the weekends off and I am doing all other house chores (laundry, groceries, etc.. inbetween everything else)
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• When we had our first, I was in college (at night) while working full time (teaching) during the day. The pregnancy wiped me out. After she was born, the same thing, but with a baby thrown in. Hubby worked 2nd shift, so she only went to daycare for a few hours. I had a friend who would babysit while I went to school at night. That was for 2-3 years. When she was 5, I had our son, and went back to school for my MS, but online this time. It took 2 years. Hubby quit working to watch the baby and take the 5 year old to kindergarten, while I continued to teach. It worked out having all the holidays off, so we could still spend them together as a family. We did that for 3 years. With a supportive and awesome husband, it's really a piece of cake. Now, my baby is 5 and I will either get another Master's or maybe a doctorate.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:04 PM on Apr. 3, 2010