army spouse

My husband told me that he can enlist in the army as early as next week but won't be shiped off to basic til Augest. the army has always been a dream of his since before we met. i support him in his dream and since we finally got to where we talk again. I do have one fear of it all, and that is being alone and having to explain to his lil girls that there dad won't be home.

WahyaLuna

Asked by WahyaLuna at 6:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• Honestly, it is hard as an Army spouse. There are alot of sacrifices as well as blessings. I know I will tell m daughter how proud I am and that her daddy is a hero. The army requires alot more than a civilian job. Alot of people have a hard time transitioning to army life. I would do alot of research before making a final decision. My husband enlisted and we both agree it was the best decision we made. But at the same time, I can tell you were are not the norm couple. We do not have any trust issues, we handle our finances successfully as a team, and we communicate. Alot of couples that have problems before the army, have their problems worsen. It is a huge commitment and you will be parenting alone alot of times. It is rough on the spouse, as you often have to make sacrifices also.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 8:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Daddy won't be home for a wonderful reason. He's building a future for his family. Join an Army wives group. I'm sure they have a ton of support and advice for you.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• That is just part of being a Army spouse. Being alone, doing things on your own. Dealing with the kids alone. In a different state or country away from family. The saying "Suck it up" comes to mind.

Answer by louise2 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• My DH was in the Army for 20 years. Just retire.

Answer by louise2 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2010