Invasion of privacy???

Is there such thing as invasion of privacy even when your married? My husband works as an IT director, and he has always been nosy about EVERYTHING I do. he has done this for years and he is getting worse. He has previously installed a keylogger on our computer to find out who I talk to and what we talk about. No matter how many times I change my passwords to anything, he knows them and logs in and reads everything I do. He is currently living in another state due to a job offer and we are supposed to be going there too when school is out, and he has logged into my computer from wherever he is at and shut my internet down because he was mad I was online and not calling him. He does these things ALL the time and its driving me crazy! He has also tracked my phones GPS if I dont answer my phone when he calls because he wants to know where I'm at. I have confronted him on several occasions about this. He doesnt think he.......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• is doing anything wrong! He thinks this is all normal! am I crazy to think this is not normal behavior? please tell me your opinions!!!
    Anonymous

• I think he's going to drive himself nuts checking up on you. No, that is not normal.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Thats what I was thinking. I mean it would drive me up the walls if I was doing that, but its like he is obsessed with EVERYTHING im doing. I am not doing anything wrong at all. I like to write in my journal on this sight, I have personal conversations with my BFF in another state and she tells me some very very personal things that she would be devastated if he or anyone found out about. I am a very trust worthy person so people like to talk to me about things because they know I'm not one to go and run my mouth. I am very hurt and I feel violated in so many ways because he does this.
    Anonymous

• He sounds very insecure and has trust issues. You both need to have a serious talk. Why is he being so mistrusting? Did he have a cheating situation in the past?

I don't feel like I have anything to "hide" from my husband, but him consistently not trusting me would be a huge strain on our marriage.
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• no...oh hell no its not normal!! there are people seperating from thier spouses that i know because of controlling and jealousy issues!! you've got to do something before this gets any worse...dont you feel like your in a prison or something?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• RED FLAG ~ RED FLAG ~ RED FLAG

I dont really have any secrets from my hubby and it wouldnt bother me in the least if one day he logged into my accounts to poke around. BUT a man who is so obsessive about his wife (unless you have given him reason to be, ex... cheated in the past) is a HUGE RED FLAG. Does he also tell you who you can and can not be friends with? Tell you what to wear? These are some signs of abusers.... these obsessive men can take that step over the line to being physically abuse too. (not all of them) but I would be worried if a man was that insecure and obsessive.

Anonymous

• "He has previously installed a keylogger on our computer to find out who I talk to and what we talk about. " seriously? he's gone too far!
    "he has logged into my computer from wherever he is at and shut my internet down" - Boy, here's a idea- don't move to join him! I mean it! who wants to live like that?
    He has no right to treat you like his personal property-
    There are few things that I would leave a man over case closed, and this is one of them!
    don't think that he'll just do this and stop there when you get near him, he won't, and I bet this controlling behavior will get much worse.
    Forget is dear- there is other men out there that won't do this to you- I'd go see a lawyer and move on with your life!
    best of luck!

Anonymous

• yeah anon 640! she's already got him out of the house, I say take advantage and file some papers!
    it would be hard to accuse her of cheating- he's already set up so much proof that she's NOT!
    Anonymous

• That's not invasion of privacy, that's jealous, insecure, immature and psycho.
    Anonymous

• WOW I don't think I could deal with that, I would have left a long time ago!
    mommaplaysbass

Answer by mommaplaysbass at 7:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2010