Is the fear of pregnacy weight the only thing stopping you from having another baby?

I love children and want more but I really really dont want to get pregnant. My last child did major damage to my body and It took me a while to somewhat repair my body so that its lean and toned but my husband wants another baby and to see me pregnant again. I'm just scared that I will get fat and have more extra skin to deal with, more stretch marks, or that my breast will get even more saggy. I know its selfish but I dont want to put my body through that. I have suffered with an eating disorder for a while and I'm also scared of what might happen if I did get pregnant or if I relapse after the pregnancy. I'm I being selfish for not wanting to get pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• 7 1/2pounds is about how much the baby will weigh by the end of pregnancy.
    1 1/2pounds is how much the placenta weighs.
    4 pounds is attributed to increased fluid volume.
    2 pounds is the weight of the uterus.
    2 pounds is the weight of breast tissue.
    4 pounds is because of increased blood volume.
    7 pounds is attributed to maternal stores of fat, protein and other nutrients.
    2 pounds for the amniotic fluid.
    Total: 30 pounds

This is from the American pregnancy association
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• eat well and exercise, you will be fine
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• ha ha ha ha ha... NO!!! Out of three pregnancies I only managed to gain weight one time and it was only 9 pounds. I cant afford more kids but even if I could, the fear of the morning sickness (which made it impossible to gain weight) would be the one thing stopping me
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• You're not being selfish. I think we each have fears about each pregnancy, whether it be about the baby or ourselves. If you feel it would not be good for you and thus not good for the family, don't. If you do decide to have another, I would recommend starting counseling to deal with your eating disorder while you are pregnant and after; those sorts of things are best dealt with pre-emptively rather than after they become a problem.

preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 7:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I think you need to see a counsler. If you decided to get pregnant again then talk to a dietary specilast they can help you gain only the weight that you need to gain to have a healthy baby.If you break down the weight you are supposed to gain its really not that bad.
    I will see if I can find a weight break down for pregnancy.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• and losing that 7 pounds of fat should be easy if you work out and eat right
    lovemybabys1106

• Oh and the sagging breasts is avoidalbe if you wear a good supportive bra and do push ups to strengthen the muscles that hold up your bobbies.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• No the most I've ever gained with a pregnancy is 9 pounds.

If you eat right and exercise you will not get "fat."

If you don't over induldge and use pregnancy as a reason to eat everything in sight than the pregnancy weight will be just that...pregnancy weight...not extra weight to deal with.

The small amount of fat the body does store during pregnancy will go away quickly with breastfeeding. The body knows what it's doing and how to keep you healthy.
    Anonymous