Anima Sola

I have seen many people with Anima Sola tats or even tee shirts. I know it's a religious symbol, but honestly I haven't ever done any real research on it. Could someone tell me exactly what this has to do with Christianity? Because that is a scripture I must have missed!!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 6:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anima_Sola

I've never heard of it either, but the Wiki about it is interesting.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 7:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Sabrina you got my curiosity peeked... HERE

and HERE  I think it's interesting tho...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• It means  "lonely soul " often of a woman in chains surronded by fire, in the past this was a person in purgatory but now many people use the common image of a women in chains as a symbol of women breaking free of their chains. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• It has nothing to do with the bible that is for sure. The fact people believe that she is a mediator for anyone is against the Messiah [Christ] and Yahweh [G-d] because we have only ONE mediator and that is the Messiah. 1 Timothy 2:5. Thank you for this post I like to keep aware of superstitions and such mixed with religion. Yahweh bless
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I also have never heard of or researched this before. So your question got me curios It appears to represent a soul stuck in purgatory. I'm still reading though heres is the wikipedia link I found
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anima_Sola

Hope it helps
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2010