im a week shy from being 6 months and i know im going to have a c sec my ? is

when do they usually do them? Like a week or two weeks b4? Does it hurt more than the first or about the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• why are you getting a c-sec?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Mine was done on my due date.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• i had complications with my first that ended up c sec, plus he was 3 weeks early, and where i live they dont allow vbac's (crazy i know) and the closest place where i could go deliver vbac is 2 hrs away. so yeah i am going to have a c sec.
    Anonymous

• My Dr. suggests them at 38-39weeks depending on your size and the size of the baby.. BUT every Dr. is different.
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 7:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Im going to have a c-section again too and my doctor said 7-10 before my due date. I was chatting with another mom who had a 2nd csection and her tubes tied, and she said it didnt hurt that much after but she was a lil more sore and she thinks it was due to getting her tubes tied.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• 2-3 weeks before if you are having a girl.

1-2 weeks before if you are having a boy.
    Anonymous

This sounds ridiculous. Why is this? It can't have anything to do with size. A girl could be born larger than a boy.
    Anonymous

• This sounds ridiculous. Why is this? It can't have anything to do with size. A girl could be born larger than a boy.

Size and being ready are not the same things, when born earlier girl babies tend to do better than boys, size has nothing to do with it. Preemie girls do much better than boys even though the boys tend to be bigger.
    Anonymous