Someone please share their easy beef stroganoff recipe.

Thanks.

QandA

Asked by QandA at 7:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• This sounds complicated but it's relatively quick & easy:

1/4 c. margarine or butter
    1/2 c. chopped onion
    1 tsp. minced garlic
    8 oz. can pieces & stems mushrooms, drained
    1 lb. diced beef (chuck or sirloin)
    1 can beef consomme
    3 Tbsp. lemon juice
    3 Tbsp. flour
    16 oz. sour cream
    cooked egg noodles
    Saute onion and garlic in margarine or butter. Add mushrooms and beef, cook until meat is browned all the way through. Mix together consomme, lemon juice, and flour and add to meat mixture. Cook until thickened. Stir in sour cream. Serve over egg noodles.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• The EASIEST I know is:
    Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Another easy one is strips of beef (or hamburger meat all chopped up),cream of mushroom soup,milk,egg noodles, salt pepper to taste
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• recipe above just add sour creamto taste to it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Not exactly a stroganoff, but similar and very good and easy -- (I should say, this is one of those "dabs of this, dash of that" recipe, so...)

I use a good cut of beef - sometimes I use a roast, sometimes I cut up a round steak, as long as it's a decent cut of beef. If you use a roast, you don't have to cut it up, but it will take longer to cook, and you need to break it up in the gravy as it cooks.

Put the meat in a dutch oven or oven safe pot with a good, well fitting lid.

Add several cans of cream of mushroom soup (# depends on how much gravy/sauce you want, and much beef you have). We like a lot of sauce. I usually use about 2 lbs of beef and about 5 -6 cans of soup mix.

Add an envelope of onion soup mix. Add water - approximately 2-3 cans.

Stir it all together and cook in the oven at 350 until meat is done & tender (3 hrs or so) - stir it occasionally, and add more water as needed.

Serve on rice
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• sorry - it cut off the end -

Serve on rice or noodles.

It takes awhile to cook in the oven, but it takes about 5 - 10 minutes to throw it together. Other than going to stir it occasionally, you can pretty much forget about it in the oven, and you can make it the night before. There's a lot of nights that I have this in the oven cooking while I do my different evening stuff, make dinner for that night, etc. Then, the next night, just heat it in the microwave, cook the rice or noodles, and have it for dinner the day after.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Cook your beef - ground on the stove, chunks in the crock pot, whatever & however, just get the beef cooked & prepared. Mix with a couple cans cream of mushroom soup plus some more mushrooms (IF you like mushrooms - I'm allergic so I use cream of celery & no mushrooms) and a spoonful or 2 of sour cream. Mix & heat through. Serve over cooked egg noodles.
    Anonymous

• fry and drain ground beef, cook some noodles of choice and then mix together with a can of cream soup (we use mushroom, but chicken or celery would work). If you have it mix in some sour cream, but we don't often have that in the house
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• brown beef with a chopped onion. Drain. Add one can cream of mushroom soup, a dollop of sour cream and enough milk until you get the consistency you wish for. Add lots of salt and pepper to taste and serve over egg noodles.
    My husbands favorite meal and one of the cheapest/easiest ones I make! lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Cook a whole roast.
    boil egg noddles.
    One can creamof mushroom
    One. Pint 16 oz of sour cream
    Salt and pepper
    If you want it a little thiner and milk
    Mrs.Rod_milwife

Answer by Mrs.Rod_milwife at 5:29 AM on Apr. 1, 2010