Is it ok to give a 16 month old a pb&j?

I am addicted to peanutbutter and jelly on toasted bread. DD has had small bites of mine before, but I'm wondering if its okay to give her one of her own, obviously she isn't allergic to it, but I'm just curious... Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If there are no family allergies and she seems to be fine with the little bits then go for it and just watch closely for a reaction the first couple times. My youngest has been getting it since about 13 months old.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• If there are no allergy problems, no reason not to.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Why not! My LO I found out is allergic to peanuts by way of letting her taste peanut butter. I love pb&j and would die without it, but I only eat it after she has gone to bed. Go for it!!!
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• My daughter is 13 months and I asked that same question at the doctors office yesturday,lol. And he told me at this age there are no more food restrictions just take care to watch for allergies. So today was the first time I offered her crackers with a tiny bit of pb on it. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• My DD has been eating PB&J since she was 11 months old she loves them.
    Anonymous

• Go for it - just make sure it's a thin layer of PB and not too much jelly/jam. My kids were eating PBJs around a year old, cut up into very small bites, and eating whole sandwiches by 18 months.
    Anonymous