Does molar teething and not eating go hand in hand or what?

My baby girl is so cranky, poor thing. Her molars are coming in.She has also practically not eaten anything all day. Its been awhile since I had to go through this (my son is 10 years old,lol) so I am wondering, could not eating be a side effect from the teething? She's already 2 pounds underweight (according to the average chart at the dr. office). So her not eating, kinda worries me.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 7:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Absolutely!! I just gave soup that I could help feed her or anything that was way over done easy to squish in her mouth. Don't ever worry about the growth chart. Every kid is different and they all grow at different rates. I wish you luck and the only thing that saved my sanity was putting chloroseptic max on her gums and benadryl at bed time combined with Motrin and ice cubes wrapped in a washcloth tied off with a ponytail holder. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Thanks, I think I needed to hear that about the weight thing,lol. The cholorseptic is a good idea, I never thought of that one. I know the orajel doesnt work for her but maybe that will , I am willing to give just about anything a try at this point.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Yeah Max's doctor has said a few times that as long as he is active and on average eating ok(other than teething, illness etc.) and hitting milestones not too worry about the growth charts. And as far as the teething Max is doing the same thing too.
    Liz0808

Answer by Liz0808 at 12:04 AM on Apr. 3, 2010