Do you ever have "green guilt"?

For example, do you feel guilty that you don't recycle more, or that you use too much electricity or let the water run too long? I was reading about it in an article.

I never have green guilt. I live frugally, which tends by default to be pretty environmentally friendly (I dry clothes on the line, don't use lights during the day usually... etc). Besides that, I'm just not into the global warming hype.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope. I do what I can. I recycle, andall that jazz. Global warming is a scam based on control but I believe in being earth friendly.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Yeah, sometimes I do. Especially the time I was throwing out plastic and glass and my son called me on it because going green is something he's been learning at school,lol. He's even told me to turn the water off when I;m brushing my teeth,lol.He's right though, I know he is. I'm just being lazy and need to get with it,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• No not one iota.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Yes. All the time in fact... our town doesn't offer recycling, and we have no where to even take it. It has been brought up but apparently I'm the only one around here who cares...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• No. I just feel bad when I open my electric bill in the summer. I keep my house at 80 during the summer months (sometimes higher), but that doesn't seem to make much of a dent in my bill. I might start looking at other ways to save money on utilities. I already recycle more than the city requests. I don't garden because I kill just about every plant I try to take care of. If I did garden I would probably figure out a way to compost a little too. That looks interesting. I carpool with another mom that has a DD in the same school as my DD.

No, no guilt here.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Yes. All the time. I want to be even more "green" and friendly. I already use homemade organic cleaning products - that clean better and I spend only like $10 a year on cleaning supplies. I just need a recipe for the laundry. That I don't havea friendly solution for. I also feel bad eating out so much and all the to go cups I waste. All the time I think about consuming less and being more earth friendly.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I don't feel guilty for hurting the environment, but I will feel guilty for not being frugal.
    Anonymous

• Yes, all the time...especially with water.
    Anonymous

• Occasionally, but not too often.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Nope. Global warming is a crock designed to milk more money out of people. I was put on this earth to enjoy it, not waste money on "green" products and worry every time I take a breath that I'm destroying the planet. We are frugal but that's because we don't like to waste money not because we're trying to save the planet.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2010