iam looking to move my family to las vegas r there any moms out there that live in las vegas?r the apartments really cheap?for 2 and 3 bedrooms?are the areas good?is the section 8 good?

sexybutter

Asked by sexybutter at 7:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Just curious, why would you want to move to one of the most depressed areas in the Country?
    Do you have a job lined up or do you just plan on living on welfare?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• You can look online...I'm seeing $1200/mo + for three bedroom apartments, around $900/mo for two bedroom.

I wouldn't move there without a job lined up; steph is correct about the economy there.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I live in Las Vegas. The housing market is horrible, so you may be able to find a rental house for a good deal. Check on Craigs List. The only problem is that many of these end up as foreclosures. Apartment prices are down. You'll want to look on the northwest, southwest or Green Valley areas. There are some pretty scary areas in town, so don't automatically go for the lowest price. There are some pretty good income-restricted apartment complexes, as well. Do a google search for the Las Vegas Apartment Guide.

I will say, the job market is not good. The public school system is terrible. They just cut school spending again to balance the budget. The county hospital is on the brink of foreclosure. Most of the state resources are gone or severely limited. Hundreds of people are applying for every one job that is listed. Things aren't great here, and we're looking at years to recover.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2010