What is the best way to do chicken legs in the crock pot?

Thinking of what to take out of the freezer tonight to make for dinner tomorrow...I've got chicken legs! LOL..
Anyone know a good crock pot recipe for them?
I'm babysitting 3 kids tomorrow on top of mine so I need a crock pot simple meal to make.
Thanks!

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 8:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We do this in a cast iron dutch oven over a campfire, but I know it would work just the same in a crock pot. Put the chicken in frozen with about half an inch of water in the bottom. Drizzle a couple tablespoons of olive oil over them. Add whatever seasonings you like (I usually stick with black pepper, parsley, and *maybe* some seasoned salt). Throw in a rough chopped onion, baby carrots, and chunks of celery, and chunked potatoes if you like. Let cook 8 hours on low, switching to high the last couple hours if you need to. When it's done it'll come out stew-like, putting the chicken in frozen with olive oil somehow makes an amazing gravy that's really yummy on rice (cook the rice seperately - I did it with the chicken once after the chicken was done and it was a mess). My kids LOVE this meal!

You could also put them in with a bit of water and pour BBQ sauce over when they're almost done - messier though for lil ones ;).
    Anonymous

• Sprinkle some seasonings like orageno, pepper, Italian seasonings and either fresh minced garlic or powder whatever on hand over them throw some Italian diced tomatos or some type of diced tomato in a can over them let them cook on low for 8 hours. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. YUM and easy! I love chcken legs in the crock pot bc when there done the meat just falls off the bone/
    Anonymous