My daughter is 13 months old, what is your bedtime routine?

For ex: I do dinner at 5 pm, then bath, then bottle then bed....is that the wrong order? SOmeone said they should not go to bed on a full stomach? She has reflux too, so maybe that is why she has gas and a hard time settling down for the night?

I needs some suggestions....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hey! I have a 13 month old too! lol.
    Right now, mine is teething her molars so we are a bit off schedule.
    But normally, we all eat dinner together and th etime really varies between 5:30 pm-7:30 pm.
    She usually has her bath about 8,I lotion her up, brush her hair,read her a book, either I or her dad play with her for a little while, I take her to her room,say goodnight to every baby doll ,picture and stuffed animal she has in her room(lol) and I lay her down with an 8 ounce bottle of mile and shes out like a light. Yeah, I know, I'm horrible for laying her down with a bottle, but hey, it works for us,lol.
    She does sleep with a pillow, seems like ever since I put that in her crib, she sleeps better, like shes more comfy, I dont know.

Since these molars have been coming in, I've been keeping her up later and making sure she is REALLY tired otherwise she wakes up a ton thru the night.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I have a 13 month little girl as well. I get home from work around 3:50. We play and cook dinner and eat around 5. After dinner we play some more until 7:20 (she gets a snack at 7. If we dont, she wakes up in the middle of the night starving.) Then she goes into her exosaucer by the back door while I let the dog out. It is her time to just sit there and wind down for about 5-10 mins. While she is in it, I run her bath water and get her ready to go into the tub. After bath, it is lotion, PJs and a bottle in the recliner with me. After she drinks, I rock her for about 10 mins. It is the only time I can snuggle with my energetic little girl. Then off to bed with a blanket. Sometimes she is asleep when I lay her down but most of the time she is still awake. She usually will go to sleep after a few mins of laying down all on her own with no crying (it took us awhile to get to that point). She usually will sleep from 8 to 8
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• My son is older now, 20 months, but has had the same routine for a long time...
    He had dinner around 6:30 then he has a bath, then songs and stories and then bed.
    As for your daughter, I wouldn't give a bottle before bed if she has reflux I would do dinner, bottle, bath and then bed... that way she has time to digest so she doesn't reflux at night.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• We eat supper at 6 usually. Then bathtime, pajamas, one book, and two songs - then we lay him in his crib at 7 and he goes to sleep. He's 16 months

Answer by missanc at 8:37 AM on Apr. 1, 2010