ok WTF??

so my SO and I have been together for 3 years and have a baby girl. I find it very annoying that his ex-wife of over 10 yrs ago is still receiving collection phone calls at our house phone. He also has an old gf as cosigner to his car, years ago, because he has bad credit, although she is also long gone. Its extremely annoying to see bills with her name on it for the car payments every mth or have message on our phone of his ex. should i say something to him? how would you feel? grr im irritated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• This happens. My Dh dad still gets phone calls for his ex wife and bills in her name sent to is house. The funny thing about that is the house he lives in his ex never lived there with him.
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 9:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• yes you should but there's not much you can do about it. As far as the phone calls you can change your number. Unless he has good enough credit to refinance the loan he's going to have to keep that until it's paid off. I'm sorry I imagine this is really annoying. No one likes to see a ton of evidence that there were others before her.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 9:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Sounds like you've found someone who has a hard time finishing things off. You should be able to deal with the collection calls pretty quickly... just a copy of the divorce decree mailed to them should clear it up, and take your number off the contact list. Of course, you could also just give them her current information. That would be helpful. I love being helpful, don't you?

If the car payment is still co-signed by some dumb woman who can't be bothered keeping track of who has access to her credit file, say 'yay' that it's not your name. Wow, that's some dumb. She does know that if he stops making the payments, he can keep the car and bugger her credit rating completely, yes? The car would probably get repo'd but, hey, that's just a fun perk.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• You sure married a winner.........................
    Anonymous

• I love getting collection calls for my husband's ex-wife. It makes me laugh. Then I call them back and give them her telephone number, her cell number, her mother's cell number, her husband's cell number, her husband's work number and her husband's mother's home number.

Then I smile again.

Your husband should either pay off his car or refinance. It's pretty uncool of him to leave the ex-girlfriend as cosigner on the loan, but it's her he's being unfair to in that case, not you.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 2:06 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Wow, Anon 36, a lot of people have bad credit, but that doesn't make them bad people. For the past 2 years we have gotten calls from collection agencies for my ex husband because the a**hole gave them my cell phone number, he has even gave them my address. It's not always the person's fault that crap like that happens.

OP You are probably just going to have to deal with it. He is probably just as tired of it as you are.
    Armymom134

Answer by Armymom134 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2010