Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I switch pharmacies?

I saw that Kmart and Rite Aid will give customers gift certificates for switching to their pharmacy- I use walmart. I need to get my rx filled this week (friday), so I need to call walmart, or just show up at rite aid/ kmart?


Asked by txdaniella at 9:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 22 (14,983 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • call the pharmacy you want to start using and ask them what they need you to do in order to consider your prescription "transferred" and be eligible for the gift card.

    Answer by mrsjonzy at 9:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • usually you just need your insurance card. They will enter your info and there ya go. Not hard at all.

    Answer by clhadley at 9:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • If you aren't on any kind of Auto Re-fill program, just take your bottle into the pharmacy that you want to start using (And Target gives a GC for transfered and new scripts too) and tell them you want to transfer the script.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • We don't have a Target. I need to see which is a better GC, Rite Aid or Kmart.

    Answer by txdaniella at 9:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • The easiest way for the pharmacy to transfer the script is for you to take your bottle in with you to the new pharmacy. Just give that and your insurance information to the tech and they will take care of the rest.

    Answer by momof2il at 10:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • Call the new pharmacy and tell them that you want them to call the other pharmacy and get the prescription transferred. They will need the name of the script and your info but that's it.


    Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2010