How do I take care of my daughters curly hair?

My daughter is 19 months old and her hair is growing out a little bit and it looks like its going to be curly or it could just be baby curls but I have no idea what to do with it. If I brush it, it stands out and looks awful. I've always had straight hair so I don't know what to do.

zackarevicz

Asked by zackarevicz at 9:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I wash it condition it detangle it and style with a light leave in conditioner. The leave in conditioner helps hold the curl.
    Anonymous

• I'd wash it, then run my fingers through it and kind of finger style it alone, or maybe with a little soft kids' gel/ oil/ lotion. I like bows :) So my DD wears them a lot.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Oh and use a wide toothed comb/pick
    txdaniella

• Good luck, I have had curly (CURLY) hair my entire life and still do not know what to do with it other than straighten it. My DD has wavy/straight hair which I am thankful for. I do know use lots of conditioner and wide tooth combs.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• My baby has curly hair a well. I usually try to keep it up in little pig tails or some type of soft tie for her hair.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• never brush curly hair.... use a comb. that will help alot right there :)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I agree with everyone else use a comb! Oh and I recommend Paul Mitchells childrens shampoo and detangling spray!
    KaireasMommy

Answer by KaireasMommy at 11:27 PM on Apr. 1, 2010