What do your children's friends call you? I prefer that they call me and my husband Mrs. .... and Mr. ....

I think it not only shows respect but also it makes them feel like they are not on the same level as you. My one daughters friends parents tell the kids to call them by their first names, I think that's kind of immature.

prettybaby1

Asked by prettybaby1 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• I prefer to be called by my first name. Mrs. W is for the students I teach, not neighborhood kids who are welcome in my home. I want to be at a much more casual level with my child's friends.

Anonymous

• I know a mom who prefers to be called by her first name and she is a little to casual with the kids. She gets all involved in her 12 year old daughters boyfriend relationships. She text and instant messages her daughters friends and talks to them on facebook all the time, acting like she is a teenager. She's scarry.
    Anonymous

• I am known as "joshuas mom" ..i don't even think they think I have a real name,lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I prefer to be Miss Danielle. But I answer to Danielle from kids because I know it's how their parents refer to me with them.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I've never really given this any thought. I tell my friends kids to just call me by my first name. but when my son is older and has friends I'm not sure if I'd go by a first name basis w/ his friends
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• my son is not old enough for me to deal with this yet.. but my friends always called my mom by her name, and i would have his friends do the same. its really not that big of a deal.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I am fine with my first name, my nieces friends who spent a lot of time at our house would call my aunt dani like my niece does. I find it a little immature that you need to feel above children. I can also get respect just fine without using formal titles. Especially since it is an informal situation.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I agree, I don't feel comfortable with my children calling their friends parents by their first names, especially if I don't really know them. When I was younger and my kids were in preschool I likes being called by my first name, but now that I[m older and my kids ae in middle and highschool I prefer to be called by my last name. Children should not be on the same level as the parents, it's just showing respect to adults. I also know a parent who prefers to be called by her first name and she is the type that allows the kids to swear, smoke and be disrespectful around her.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I prefer that my kids' friends call me by my first name, and my kids call their friends' parents by their first names unless they ask them to do otherwise. But most of those adults are my friends, so we're all more of a "chosen family". My husband is Mr. when he's in a leadership position, but not otherwise. I do not like to be called Mrs. by anyone, so if I'm in a leadership position with young kids they call me Miss Jessica.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 10:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I'm either Thour's mom or Traci. My mom was called mom by 95% of mine and my siblings friends. To some of our friends she was more of a mom than their real mothers.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2010