I think I am having gallbladder issues...........what do I do?

I think I am having gallbladder issues. Horrible sharp stabbing pain in my upper right side and then the pain goes to teh right side of my pack and it feels liek someone is trying to rip my organs out through my back. It's painful to say the least. It happens at least once a day. Should I go to a doctor now or can I/should I wait it out? Or is it even my gallbladder?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Health

• I had 3 attacks.
    1st was really bad, right after we had a party, while camping out, apple pie, chips, ice cream, lots of fatty foods.
    2nd was after new year's eve party- again chips, chocolate, nothing healthy! threw up, felt better.
    3rd was after a chicken sandwich and fries from mcdonald's and I went into the ER. Had my gall bladder removed.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• The problem with leaving gall bladder issues unchecked, it can be come pancreatitis and become LIFE THREATENING.  Do you also have heartburn? 

I personally wouldn't leave it.  Does your doc have a 24 hr number you can call?  If so, call it or see if your local hospital has an Ask A Nurse line you can call.  If you don't have a fever, it can probably wait til tomorrow, BUT CALL AND GET AN APPOINTMENT ASAP!

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• OP here: I have had a fever the last couple days but I had a slight cold we think (we being DH and I) and I have been nauseous (sp?) all day really bad and have had HORRIBLE heartburn all day, I can feel the liquid or bile or whatever coming all the way up into my mouth and then back down (tmi I know, sorry). I don't think my doctor has a 24 hours line but I can see if our hospital does (I bet they do). I am in some pain now but it's pretty dull. I know I sound stupid, bare with me, I've never had these issues before or know anyone who has. Do you think I can wait til tomorrow or should I really call the hospital?

Also, this may be unrelated, but last night I had heartburn and had the worst asthma attack that I have ever had since I was maybe 11 (which was 12 yrs ago). My husband almost had to call 911 it was so bad. Could this be related to it?
    Anonymous

• Yeah, that is totally your galbladder...I would go to the doc ASAP...because the pain will just continue to be more frequent and for longer periods of time. I was pregnant and it was UNBEARABLE. It go to the point where I was on the floor of the bathroom hanging over the side of the toilet to puke...all with having this pain. I went to the ER and they MAXED me out on pain meds and I STILL FELT THE PAIN.
    For the meantime, eat LOW FAT to NON FAT FOOD. Nothing acidic as well! So basically bread and nonfat milk...seriously.
    I also had asthma as a child and it did effect my breathing to have gal bladder attacks.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 10:14 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• go to the er and go now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Hello.....see your doctor or go to the ER if you don't have insurance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Gallbladder. Go to the ER.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:14 AM on Apr. 1, 2010

• i had my gallbladder removed it 2007 . there was a sharpe stabbing pain on my right side of my stomach that keeped coing around at night just before i went to bed or layed down. it made it very hard to get any rest. i went into the er when i was tired of not sleeping. they did and ultra sound and found i had three golf baLL SIZE GALL STONES. then they saw that my gall bladder was three times its normal size which wasn't good so they scheduled me to stay in the hospital over night and preped me for surgery the following morning.
    WahyaLuna

Answer by WahyaLuna at 3:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2010